According to the weather app on my phone, it was 90 degrees in Gainesville yesterday. I stepped out of the house to go to class wearing jeans and a shirt, and I instantly knew it was a mistake. On hot days, I always find myself craving smoothies. I felt a little daring, and I also wanted to use up the blueberries I had. The result? A Blueberry Basil Smoothie. It sounds like an usual/wrong combination, but oh was it so right!! I will be making these all the time from now on. The hint of basil adds a whole new meaning to the word refreshing!
Yield: 1 serving (~ 2 cups)
- ~1 cup of fresh blueberries (this doesn't have to be exact)
- 1/2 cup of plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp of ground flax
- 2 tbsp of wheat germ
- 1 frozen banana, cut into slices
- a few fresh basil leaves (to your taste)
1. Rinse blueberries
2. Add almond milk, blueberries, frozen banana slices, ground flax, wheat germ, Greek yogurt, and basil into blending cup. (or blender)
3. Blend together well.
super simple & delicious!
I decided to eat mine with a spoon instead of drink it. So good!!
(The lighting in this particular spot makes the smoothie look really blueish-purple. I like it!)
After I photographed all of that food yesterday, Little Jack wanted some attention too!
Shadows were getting the best of him! Lol
P.S.- Happy 8th Birthday to my little brother Nicholas!!